Quick version if you’re in a hurry:
- All three of my Blogger’s Guides are half-price from 6th – 11th December
- All the money raised in that time will be going to Divya Shanthi, a small charity in Bangalore, India
And now, the slightly longer version…
Back in 2010, I spent a few days in Bangalore with my family (parents, brother, sister and then-fiancé-now-husband). We were there Divya Shanthi, a small charity that my church supports and has strong links with. We were overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of everyone we met … but also by the stark poverty.
- We saw kids dressed in rags, begging on the streets.
- We saw shacks at the side of the road from the airport.
- We saw children who’d been rescued from desperate conditions.
Last year, wanting to do what I could to help, I ran a birthday sale here on Aliventures. I thought we might just about raise enough to sponsor a baby in the baby home. We raised $600 by my birthday (December 12th): more than enough, with extra money to support other children.
Ayshu, who we sponsored, is three years old now, a bright, happy little girl. Here’s the latest photo I have of her:
This year, I’d like to match that $600 again (and hopefully exceed it!) So all three of my Blogger’s Guides (plus the combined pack) are half price again.
- $14.50 (instead of $29) for each individual Guide
- $28.50 (instead of $57) for the three-pack of Guides
I only run a half-price sale once a year, so if you don’t want to wait 12 months, grab them up now!
The sale will end on midnight (Pacific time) on Sunday December 11th – that’s 8am on my birthday, Monday 12th, in the UK. 🙂
Note: if you’d prefer to pay in GBP, use the donation button at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
Get Your Blogger’s Guides Today…
$28.50 for all three
The Blogger’s Guide to Freelancing will teach you how to:
- Make real money from your blogging – today, not in a three year’s time
- Write great job applications – so that you stand out from the crowd
- Get paid on time – because you don’t want to lose out on the money you’ve earned
- Come up with great ideas – even when you’re on deadline
- Market yourself through your website and social media – so that jobs come to you
The Blogger’s Guide to Effective Writing will teach you how to:
- Construct great blog posts – easy to write, engaging to read
- Write for the web – using tried-and-tested techniques
- Produce different types of post, like reviews and lists, to keep your blog interesting
- Revise, edit and proof-read your posts – so that your content grabs and keeps attention
- Develop your blogging voice, to turn casual readers into lifelong fans
The Blogger’s Guide to Irresistible Ebooks will teach you how to:
- Come up with an ebook idea that you know your readers will love
- Get to grips with outlining, planning and structuring – so that your ebook is easy to write
- Stay motivated over the long-haul – because you want to finish your ebook
- Polish up your ebook so that it’s easy for readers to engage with
- Sell your ebook online, in simple steps – because it’s easier than you think
Prefer to Donate?
If you’d like to make a donation, instead of or as well as buying the ebooks, you can do that by clicking here.
If you want to buy the ebooks in GBP (£) then it’s £8.99 for one (please let me know which you want!) or £17.67 for all three.
Donate in USD:
Donate in GBP:
Every single penny makes a difference to kids who are some of the poorest of the poor. Thanks so much for your support.
Great initiative! And certainly a reason to order the three pack! May it be clear I just orderd it 😉
Hurrah, thanks Dewi! 🙂
Great initiative indeed! I hope the sale is very successful, Divya Shanthi looks like they’re doing a wonderful job. Got the three guides!
Thanks Julie! Yep, they do some amazing work with very limited resources.
Although I’d be tempted I would have passed on purchasing these e-books since I don’t know exactly when I’ll find time to read the information and apply it. But you got me with the birthday donation and your small charity. What an awesome thing to do. Hope you raise double last year’s take! Thanks for caring.
Sarah O’Leary’s last blog post ..Are You Too Busy Or Uncrafty To Make Handmade Holiday Gifts? Think Again!
Thanks for buying the ebooks, Sarah. We’ve already raised more than $600 this year — hurrah! Hope you do get some time to read them, even if it’s just to dip in and pick up a tip here and there. 🙂