Quick version if you’re in a hurry:
- All three of my Blogger’s Guides are half-price from 6th – 11th December
- All the money raised in that time will go to Divya Shanthi, a small charity in Bangalore, India
- Details of the guides are towards the bottom of this post
Read on for the slightly longer version…
It’s my birthday on 12th December. 🙂
If you’ve been around on Aliventures for a while, you might remember that I ran a birthday sale in 2010 and in 2011. We raised $600 in 2010 and $1000 in 2011 – I’m hoping we can match or even top that this year.
About Divya Shanthi … and Ayshu
Back in 2010, I spent a few days in Bangalore with my family (parents, brother, sister and then-fiancé-now-husband). We were there to visit Divya Shanthi, a small charity that my church supports and has strong links with. We were overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of everyone we met … but also by the stark poverty.
- We saw kids dressed in rags, begging on the streets.
- We saw shacks at the side of the road from the airport.
- We saw children who’d been rescued from desperate conditions.
Through this annual sale, the Aliventures community have been sponsoring a little girl called Ayshu – paying for her care in the Divya Shanthi boarding home for young children. She’s now four years old, and this is the latest photo I have of her:
Introducing Our Latest Divya Shanthi Fund-Raising Project
This year, there’s a difference to the sale. We’ve easily covered the sponsorship for Ayshu in the past, so this time round, I’ll split the money raised between Ashyu’s sponsorship, and a newly-launched fund to help university (and pre-university) students.
The Hazel Sargeant Memorial Fund, named after a very dedicated supporter in the UK who passed away earlier this year, will provide tuition fee loans to students.
These young people are very bright and hard-working, but come from families who can’t afford the university or pre-university (the equivalent of the UK’s sixth-form) fees. (These fees are typically around $500 – $800 per year – I know that doesn’t sound like much if you’re in the UK or US, but it’s completely out of reach for the families who Divya Shanthi works with in Bangalore.)
For the next few days, until 11th December, the Blogger’s Guides are:
- $14.50 (instead of $29) for each individual Guide
- $28.50 (instead of $57) for the three-pack of Guides
This is the only time of the year when I run a half-price sale … so if you don’t want to wait 12 months, grab the guides now!
The sale will end on midnight (Pacific time) on Tuesday December 11th – that’s 8am on my birthday, Monday 12th, in the UK.
Note: The Blogger’s Guides are supplied in .pdf format, and can be read on almost any computer or device.
Get Your Blogger’s Guides Today…
$28.50 for all three
The Blogger’s Guide to Freelancing will teach you how to:
- Make real money from your blogging – today, not in a three year’s time
- Write great job applications – so that you stand out from the crowd
- Get paid on time – because you don’t want to lose out on the money you’ve earned
- Come up with great ideas – even when you’re on deadline
- Market yourself through your website and social media – so that jobs come to you
The Blogger’s Guide to Effective Writing will teach you how to:
- Construct great blog posts – easy to write, engaging to read
- Write for the web – using tried-and-tested techniques
- Produce different types of post, like reviews and lists, to keep your blog interesting
- Revise, edit and proof-read your posts – so that your content grabs and keeps attention
- Develop your blogging voice, to turn casual readers into lifelong fans
The Blogger’s Guide to Irresistible Ebooks will teach you how to:
- Come up with an ebook idea that you know your readers will love
- Get to grips with outlining, planning and structuring – so that your ebook is easy to write
- Stay motivated over the long-haul – because you want to finish your ebook
- Polish up your ebook so that it’s easy for readers to engage with
- Sell your ebook online, in simple steps – because it’s easier than you think
P.S. Even if you have all three guides already, or if they’re not quite right for you, I’d be hugely grateful if you could spread the word about this sale – by tweeting, sharing it on Facebook, or simply mentioning it to a blogger friend who might be interested. Thanks so much!