My community / teaching site, Writers’ Huddle, is now open for new members.
If you’ve been waiting ages for me to reopen it, head on over there now and join!
And if you’d like to know a little bit more, read on…
What is Writers’ Huddle?
Writers’ Huddle is a private members site for writers of all ages and levels. It launched in January 2012.
Most members have done a fair bit of writing before, though for some, that was a long time ago. Some are full-time or part-time freelancers, some are published authors, and others are plugging away with novels / short stories / blogs / poetry / memories …
The site includes lots of teaching content (from me and from guests) to help you take your writing further. There are also forums where Huddlers hang out, chat about writing, share useful tips and leads, and critique one another’s work.
What Do I Get When I Join?
As soon as you join, you get access to:
- All the past seminars (we have a seminar each month)
- Two full e-courses, On Track and Blog On
- Four mini courses, covering fiction-writing, Microsoft Word, setting up a blog, and Twitter
- The Writers’ Huddle forums: full of interesting conversations and great ideas
- A short ebook, Seven Pillars of Great Writing
What Do I Get Each Month?
Every month, we have new content in the Huddle. There’s:
- A new seminar on an aspect of writing: in audio and transcript form (sometimes also video).
- A monthly (ish!) Book Group discussion: Huddle members choose a writing-related book to read.
- Weekly emails letting you know what’s new and highlighting interesting forum topics.
From time to time (usually about twice a year) we work through an e-course as a group. Once we’ve done the course that way, it stays available in the Huddle for members to use at any time in future.
How Much Does it Cost?
I know that writers aren’t generally a rich lot (I still remember the first $20 I got from freelancing!) so I’ve kept the Huddle membership price down.
It costs just $19.99 per month, paid through PayPal, and you can cancel at any time.
You can also try out Writers’ Huddle risk-free: if you join and decide it’s not for you (for any reason) then just let me know within your first 30 days. I’ll refund your membership fee.
How Long is Writers’ Huddle Open For?
Last year, I only opened up Writers’ Huddle for short periods, due to a hectic schedule with my For Dummies book, followed by my pregnancy. Now that life is a little calmer (well, as calm as it can be with a baby!) I’m opening the Huddle permanently.
So there’s no rush to join up … but obviously, the sooner you do, the sooner you can take advantage of all the resources there!
If you’re thinking about joining but have questions, just pop a comment below. You’re also very welcome to email me (email@example.com) or contact me through the Aliventures contact form here.